Please see COVID-19 End of Curriculum Updates
For the End of Curriculum exam, students requiring time-based ADA accommodations will take the exam over two separate days. This is due to the length of the exam (300 questions, or five hours plus breaks for standard-time students), and models the procedure students will follow for PANCE. The exam will be given in 10 sections of 30 questions with five sections on each day. Students granted time and a half will have 45 minutes per section (three hours and 45 minutes per day + breaks), and students with double time will have 60 minutes per section (five hours per day + breaks).
Scheduling these exams involves a few extra steps, but the system sends a number of reminders and validation messages along the way to ensure you don't miss any of them.
- Select End of Curriculum from the exam dropdown, choose the location and break duration as usual.
- Next to the Proctored button, check the Accommodations Included checkbox.
- A popup will appear with a reminder to schedule the details for the second day of the exam. Click OK if you wish to continue or Cancel if you will not have any students with accommodations.
- Select the date, time, and location for each day of the exam. The date for Day Two must be within seven days after Day One of the exam. Click Save.
- Assign proctors to each day. This may or may not be the same people, but you do need to make separate assignments.
- Assign the students to the exam. When you get to the list of students, check the box next to all the eligible students who will take the exam. For those students who require time-based accommodations, click the box in the ADA column and select Time and a Half or Double Time from the dropdown.
- If you have set up an event with accommodations but do not actually assign accommodations to any students, a popup will appear that allows you to go back and edit student assignments or proceed. If you proceed, you can just ignore the Day Two event with no students assigned in the Exam Scheduling tab. Unfortunately, you cannot cancel only the Day Two event.
- If you get to the student assignment screen and have not selected the Accommodations Included option and set up Day Two details, you will not have the ability to assign students accommodations. An alert will notify you that you will need to assign these students to a separate event.
- Click Save on each box to complete the exam event.
A few notes:
- Only those students who are assigned accommodations will be invited to Day Two. Standard-time students will only be invited to Day One.
- If you wish to start your students with accommodations to begin before your standard time students, you need to schedule the accommodations students in a separate event.
- If students with accommodations have different Day Two availability, you will need to schedule multiple exam events.
- Exam results may not be released until all students in the exam event have completed the exam. If you have an exam event mixed with standard-time and accommodation students, exam results will be delayed for your standard-time students. If you wish to release standard-time student results right away, schedule a separate accommodations event.