Please see the COVID-19 Remote Proctor Updates
Safe Exam Browser is a freeware tool that is specifically and securely configured for the administration of the End of Curriculum exam. Instructions for installation and links to downloads of the Safe Exam Browser are available at ExamDriver.com/Lockdown. It can only be used on desktop and laptop computers.
Step by step instruction videos are available here:
with PowerPoint presentations of those videos here:
- Download the Safe Exam Browser installation file.
- Install the browser by double-clicking the file and following the prompts, either for the InstallShield Wizard on PCs or the drag and drop Application folder menu on Macs. You do not need to create a desktop shortcut for the browser.
- Download the PAEA Launch File and place the file on the desktop.
This is how students will launch the browser on exam day. It will direct the browser to ExamDriver and restrict access to other browser settings.
- Test the setup using the mock End of Curriculum exam in the Installation Test tab.
- Launch Safe Exam Browser using the PAEA Launch File.
- Log in to ExamDriver.
- Click the Installation Test tab in the top right corner.
- Launch the mock exam by reviewing the agreement, clicking the acknowledgment checkbox, and launching the exam.
If you encounter errors at any step of the process, please take a screenshot or photo, and send it to PAEA Exam Support at exams@PAEAonline.org.