Please see the COVID-19 Remote Proctor Updates
The ADA accommodations you set (or don't set) in scheduling cannot be modified once a student is assigned to an exam, so you will need to withdraw the student from the exam and then add the student again after selecting the appropriate ADA accommodations
Directions for scheduling ADA accommodations (also available here):
- Click Schedule Exam, select your exam, location, section break, and date/time. If it is an End of Rotation™ exam the time will be set; you can not change it. If it is a PACKRAT® exam, the default time will be loaded, although you can override it. You can also type a message to the students in the Notes section that will be included in the message sent to the student confirming that the exam has been scheduled for them.
- Next, click the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the box. You will then get a pop-up message confirming that the exam is scheduled. You need to assign both the students and the proctor.
- To schedule students, click on the blue link titled Manage next to Students Assigned. That will pull up the Students Assigned to Exam screen, where you can see a list of who is already assigned to the exam. Click the link on the top right, Assign Students.
- Then, select your students. If all the students in the system will be taking this exam, click Check All. With End of Rotation exams, chances are that you have some students taking family medicine, a few taking pediatrics, some taking emergency medicine, and so on, so select only the students who are taking this particular exam.
- On the right side, next to each selected student, is an ADA column. It defaults to Not Requested. If you click on that box, you will get a drop-down menu that offers the choice of Time and a Half or Double Time to assign that individual student an accommodation.
After finishing the assignments, click Save at the bottom of the screen. That takes you to the list of students who are assigned. Review the list for appropriate accommodations and appropriate assignment, and then close that window. You may come back to the student assignment screen before the exam and withdraw any individual student to change how they are scheduled.
You will go through the same process to assign a proctor. Click Manage next to Proctors Assigned. This proctor will be responsible for the extra-time event. If you want to confirm that the student is scheduled for extra time you can go back to the Students tab and find the specific student, click on the Exams to the right of their name, and you will see a list of all the exams they have taken and are scheduled to take.